Beer and ice cream. They go together better than peas and carrots. And almost better than cookies and milk on Christmas Eve. My buddy Josh has been putting together this event for three years now and this fourth iteration might be better than ever. Last year's bacchanalian event at Eagle Rock Brewery was a blast, though it was a little tough to manage all that ice cream and beer without a seat to claim. This year's different, with the comfy environs of Golden Road Brewery in the shadows of Downtown Glendale and a stone's throw from most of the Eastside and Downtown, as well as a full menu available (I'm inclined toward that massive pretzel there). The event this year takes place on Saturday September 29
This year it's chefs and breweries paired together competing for the best beer float, which is voted upon by attendees. For $35 you get five floats, which is a good deal, but I'd probably go for the VIP tickets instead because you get early admission, plus an extra Golden Road beer and collector's glass.
Here's the lineup for this year's event, plus a link to tickets.
- Eagle Rock Brewery + Andre Guerrero & Jan Purdy (The Oinkster / Maximiliano)
- Strand Brewing + Christian Page (Short Order) & Hourie Sahakian (Short Cake)
- El Segundo Brewing Co. + Shiho Yoshikawa (Sweet Rose Creamery)
- Golden Road Brewing + Josh Graves & Paul Sanguinetti (Ray’s and Stark Bar / C+M)
- Beachwood BBQ and Brewing + Tony DiSalvo & Chris Crary (Whist)